The Declining Balance Card program for Student Organizations was designed to help students pay for organization expenses quickly and efficiently, avoiding the wait for expense reimbursement that sometimes follows the use of personal funds.
Reynolda Campus students, whether members of student organizations funded by SBAC, student employees/interns of departments or programs, or those awarded funding for an event or initiative through the Student Activity Fee or Diversity and Collaboration Fund are eligible to participate.
There are many advantages to using the DB card program:
- Easy payment process at local retailers
- Ability to purchase supplies and make payments online
- Decreased paperwork related to making payments
- No use of students personal funds for event expenses
For more information about the DB card, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
So… you’re a Reynolda Campus student and you’ve got organization or departmental expenses! How does this work?
- Visit the DB Card training site in Sakai, and click “Lessons” to view the training presentation. Please be aware that the training has both audio and visual components, and requires user interaction. It will take about 20-30 minutes to complete, including the final assessment, found in the “Tests & Quizzes” section. You’ll need to pass the assessment at 80% to become a user of the program.
- After you’ve successfully completed training, submit a card funding request. Be sure to provide all the requested details of your expense. Once you’ve submitted the request form, your organization advisor will be notified and your treasurer will receive an email asking them to approve the expense by replying with the word “Approve”.
- When approval has been received, we’ll load a credit card with the amount of funds requested, and you’ll receive a notification email. Cards can be picked up in the Dean of Students office, Benson 139, which is open Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Pay your expenses or make your purchases and be sure to keep detailed receipts!
- Turn in your card and receipts by the assigned due date.
We take care of the rest. The expenditures will be withdrawn from the budget listed on your request form after about 30 days.