For many student organizations, dues collection is an important way to fund group activities or provide uniforms or tees to members. SOFO offers a fast, easy way to collect dues through use of the Cvent event management system.
Ready to Get Started? Here are the basics:
- Dues should be deposited to an Agency Fund. Has your group established one? If you’re not sure, let us know and we will help.
- Submit a Cvent request. On the form, specify the payment amount required from your members, and a beginning and end date for the dues collection site. Site set up usually takes about 2 business days.
- Do you need to collect extra payments for athletic equipment or ask your members for additional information? Just provide the details and we will add these options to your site.
- Your members will pay a 5.6% handling fee with their payment, which covers the cost of credit card fees and use of Cvent.
- You will be able to monitor the progress of your dues collection through a daily report.
- After the deadline, we will transfer your total dues collected to your Agency Fund.
- To spend the funds, simply use SOFO processes as you would for other organization funds, specifying the Agency as the funding source for the expenses.
If you have questions about the dues collection process, just send an email to email@example.com.
Student Organization Finance Office
Hours of Operation
Virtual appointments available during regular business hours
Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 4:30pm
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOFO will reopen on August 16, 2021 in Benson 332.
DB Card pickup/return: Benson 139 (Office of the Dean of Students)
General Questions and Assistance: Benson 332
Fundraising and Payment Acceptance: Benson 333