- Must request at least 2 weeks prior to anticipated sale date
- Sale duration can vary from 1 day to several months depending on sale type
- If you plan to use the SOFO iPods to check in your attendees, you should submit your Cvent request as soon as possible, since equipment can be limited.
Creating Your Cvent Sale
Students must supply complete sale information to the Cvent team in order for the sale to be created. SOFO is not responsible for delays caused by incomplete information. Use the request form as a guide to help you discuss the sale with your team and make all needed decisions. It is recommended to schedule a Cvent meeting to clarify your requirements.
You will be given the opportunity to review your sale information and test the sale functionality before opening your sale to the campus community and/or the public. Carefully review the pricing, dates, text, graphics, and terms & conditions before approving the sale with the SOFO Cvent team. While we are able to make corrections after your sale is live, SOFO is not responsible for the consequences of any incorrect information, functionality or pricing discovered after you approve the sale.
Fees & Sale Proceeds
The cost of using Cvent is 5% of sale proceeds, which covers credit card and other fees for use of the Cvent system. This fee is collected from your attendees/payers by adding a “handling fee” to the base price of your item(s). Fees must be added on top of the base price and may not be built in to the price.
All events with a “cost of admission” are required to collect 6.75% NC Sales Tax, per NC law. Taxes are collected from your attendees/payers by adding them to the base price of your item(s). Taxes must be added on top of the base price and may not be built in to the price. Please note that some Cvent sales do not meet the requirements to collect sales tax. The SOFO Cvent team will advise you if your event must collect sales tax.
At the conclusion of your sale, your group Treasurer will receive an emailed statement detailing the amount received and amounts collected for fees and tax. An internal funds transfer to your group Agency fund will be initiated within 5 business days of the conclusion of your event.
Use of On-site Mobile Devices
Groups may request the use of the SOFO iPods to check in attendees at the door of an event.
The iPods can also be used for onsite registration of attendees at conferences or tournaments. It is possible to accept payments using the Cvent OnArrival app and a custom Cvent cardswipe, however this method is not the most efficient for all situations. If you plan to use the SOFO iPods and the Cvent OnArrival app at your event, please schedule a meeting with the SOFO Cvent team.
- Complete a Cvent request form.
- If desired, schedule a meeting with the SOFO Cvent team to clarify requirements. This is optional, but suggested for most ticketed events and registrations. Online item sales (like t-shirts) do not necessarily need a meeting.
- Review and test your sale carefully when the Cvent team sends it to you for review and respond with any corrections.
- Publicize your sale through flyers, email lists and social media channels. The Cvent team will always provide you with a “Go Link” (go.wfu.edu/yoursalename) to simplify your marketing.
- If you will be using the SOFO iPods and the Cvent OnArrival app to check in attendees or create onsite registrations, be sure you have made arrangements to pick up the equipment and receive training on the first day of your event.
Student Organization Finance Office
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the SOFO office location is currently closed. Contact us by email: email@example.com
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Click Below to Learn More About: